Am Montag, 10. Mai 2004 15:49 schrieb Angus Leeming:
> That said, I'm interested in how you see this all working in an ideal
> design. My picture of how this will work in the future is that we
> should separate the 'generation of the exported files' step from the
> 'export the latex to file' step. That way we'll be able to run all
> the conversion steps asynchronously and then receive a signal that
> all is ready to run the latex compiler. (Or not, so don't try etc.)

I did not much think about an ideal design, but it should be easy to adapt
the collection and passing around of the 'external files list' to such a
design. Error handling (concerning files in the external and graphics
inset) needs definitely some work too.

> It seems to me that what you are describing is that Export should no
> longer be thought of as a simple '1 file' to '1 file' conversion
> process. Instead it is a 'many files' to, possibly, many files
> conversion process. That being the case, it might well end up easiest
> if you try and model what is really going on.

Yes and yes.

> Just some thoughts.

Thanks, I'll think about it.

Georg