Angus Leeming wrote:

> Georg Baum wrote:
>

>> I think this is a clean solution. However, I don't like the way how
>> the file overwriting prevention works:
>>
>> - The "cancel" button is mislabelled: It does not cancel the export,
>> but does not copy the file. Any idea for a better name?
>> - There should be a fourth button that really cancels the export.
>
> Because so many different files are 'exorted' but the dialog assumes
> that only the buffer lyx file in appropriate format is important? I

In terms of overwriting, the dialog assumes that no file at all is
important ;-(

> think that the dialog should have a browser listing all the files
> that will be overwritten...

Good idea, but this list can be large.

> Why not keep the buttons but prevent export on Cancel? Too difficult
> with the current design?

Not at all, just moving some lines of code. Of course this makes it
impossible to export the document if you don't want to overwrite a file,
but I think this is rarely needed. I am going to do that.

>> Apart from that, we need to check before overwriting files at other
>> places, too, and I don't see at the moment how this should be done.
>
> Clearly the checking code should be encapsulated as a CheckExport
> class or such.

The problem is that the converter may generate immediate files that the
exporter does not know of, but I now have an idea how that could be
handled: If the converter acts on a copies of the converted files in the
temp dir, then the exporter can do all the checking.

Georg