Georg Baum wrote:

> I think this is a clean solution. However, I don't like the way how
> the file overwriting prevention works:
>
> - The "cancel" button is mislabelled: It does not cancel the export,
> but does not copy the file. Any idea for a better name?
> - There should be a fourth button that really cancels the export.

Because so many different files are 'exorted' but the dialog assumes
that only the buffer lyx file in appropriate format is important? I
think that the dialog should have a browser listing all the files
that will be overwritten...

Why not keep the buttons but prevent export on Cancel? Too difficult
with the current design?

> Apart from that, we need to check before overwriting files at other
> places, too, and I don't see at the moment how this should be done.

Clearly the checking code should be encapsulated as a CheckExport
class or such.

> Nevertheless, I would like to apply that as is. If somebody has a
> better idea, it can be improved later, and if not, it is still
> better than the current state. Any objections?

No, it's a definite improvement over what we have. Shove it in.

--
Angus