Angus Leeming wrote:

> Georg Baum wrote:
>
>> it does not need to be copied either. The only clean solution that I
>> can imagine is to introduce a switch in the external template that
>> tells wether a file is "input like" or "includegraphics like",
>> because the template is the only place where this is known. Any
>> other ideas?
>
> This is a good idea I think. We'd need to find a more obvious naming
> scheme for the idea though.

You are the native english speaker ;-) I did not find a suitable name,
otherwise I would have suggested one!

>> Apart from the external inset problem above, is the patch ok?
>
> Looks good to me. Question: what happens if you run
>         lyx -e latex foo.lyx
>
> from the command line and foo.tex exists already. Does checkOverwrite
> work as expected? Maybe we should add a '-f' option like 'cp' and
> 'mv'?

checkOverwrite does nothing in this case, because it only checks the
external and graphics inset files (We need a checkOverwrite at several
other places too). Furthermore, graphics are not yet converted for latex
export, so in this case there is nothing to check. If you do

lyx -e dvi foo.lyx

and foo.lyx has a graphic, you get:

Over-write file?
----------------------------------------The file /tmp/tex2lyx/41_tmp_c.eps
already exists.

Do you want to over-write that file?
Assuming answer is &Überschreiben
Over-write &all
&Abbrechen

and the file is overwritten, because this is the default button. BTW, I
guess there should be a newline after the dashes?

Georg