On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 08:42:19AM +0100, Michael Schmitt wrote:
> Dear Kayvan,
>
> I guess you have upgraded from gcc 3.3.1 to 3.3.3, right? All I can say is
> that this compiler version does not work and 3.4X neither :-(
>
> Actually, I spent countless days on uncovering and fixing the problem but
> all I found was this email:
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-09/msg01130.html
>
> I upgraded libtool, too, but I wasn't successful.
>
> My suggestion (after a lot of frustration): Switch to MinGW and help us
> iron out the remaining bugs!
>
> Kind regards, Michael

Went back to gcc-3.3.1, and still the same problem:

   $ gdb lyx
   GNU gdb 2003-09-20-cvs (cygwin-special)
   This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...
   (gdb) run
   Starting program: /usr/local/bin/lyx.exe

   0x6106b954 in setpassent () from /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
   (gdb)

This seems like a Cygwin issue, not a compiler or lyx issue, but
I can't find anything about it on the net.

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)