Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 04:24:37PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
>> Angus Leeming wrote:
>> > Sure. This means that the s/slashify_path/internal_path/ switch was
>> > less carefully done that it needed to be. Mea culpa.
>> >
>> > I'll try and come up with something in the next couple of hours.
>>
>> Ok, Kayvan. The problem (I believe) lies in the call to 'MakeLatexName',
>> below, which invokes 'AddName' which invokes 'os::internal_path'.
>
> Okay, Angus. That almost fixes it. See the attached "first_try.patch"
> file for a working adaptation of your idea.

I'll shove this in the repository.

> Here, I added a hack which I would love to get rid of. The Cygwin tetex
> does not like Win32 paths (and does not need them), so I changed
> os_win32.C (external_path) adding a LYX_NO_CYGPATH_FIX environment
> variable to skip changing the external path. See the attached
> "second_try.patch".

Ok, dokey.

> I recommend that you apply first_try.patch and we come up with
> a better way to do what I need for Cygwin's tetex. Any suggestions?
>
> One idea would be a configure test which then sets a variable in
> lyxrc.defaults which would be consulted by LyX to know whether or not
> Win32 paths are needed for external paths.

This sounds like a good idea. Output a minimal latex file that \includes
another file with a Win32 path and then see if latex succeeds in compiling
it.

Putting the result in lyxrc.defaults means that the user can override the
setting in his .lyx/preferences file.

It's trivial to add check buttons to the Preferences dialog too. (XForms,
Outputs->Misc tab; Qt Outputs->LaTeX pane.)

 [x] Use native Windows file paths

although the ability to change the check button should be guarded with
#if defined(__CYGWIN__) || defined(__CYGWIN32__)

The GUI stuff is icing that will take 10 minutes; I'm happy to do that.
However, I'd prefer to leave the configure stuff to you. Happy?

> Best regards,
> ---Kayvan

Happy New Year,
Angus