On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 08:42:19AM +0100, Michael Schmitt wrote:
> Dear Kayvan,
>
> I guess you have upgraded from gcc 3.3.1 to 3.3.3, right? All I can say is
> that this compiler version does not work and 3.4X neither :-(

I can say now that gcc-3.3.3 works fine with the latest Cygwin with
the xforms-1.0.90 release (is there a later version of xforms?). I
tracked down the problem and Angus fixed it.

I have not been successful in getting the latest free qt working (from
kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net) yet.

> My suggestion (after a lot of frustration): Switch to MinGW and help us
> iron out the remaining bugs!

I may check out MingW at some point, but I like Cygwin because it brings
Unix-like functionality to a braindead OS.

Best regards,
                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)