Angus Leeming wrote:

I find that running autogen.sh produces the attached output.

Any clues?

As things stand, I'm afraid that the port of automake 1.9 to Windows isn't yet ready for prime time. (Hence it isn't part of MSYS yet). That means I can build neither LyX 1.4 nor tex2lyx on Windows using mingw/msys. (This is with an otherwise pristine source tree.)

Hi Angus,

I also noticed that MinGW no longer allows you to build 1.4.0cvs. As a workaround, I use cygwin's automake to generate the Makefiles. It works as expected but, of course, it isn't nice to have to install and use cygwin in addition to MinGW. Thank god, we ship the final 1.4.0 source distribution with the auto-generated files so that the users do not have to run automake by themselves.

Michael