Michael Gerz a écrit :
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Building of svn version with current MSYS DTK is not possible because of old automake. But I guess that automake is not required for building a released candidate. Reading the user list, I see that some people managed to use Cygwin for that task too (using Qtwin port without X). So it's up to the packager to choose that way of the other.

If you have MinGW and cygwin on your machine, you can use cygwin's automake and switch back to MinGW afterwards. I guess users won't need automake if they download the 1.4.0 tar file, right?

That is my understanding yes.

I will go and ask the MinGW people for a recent automake.

I have tried to compile am-1.9 from mingwport but it won't even configure (complains about MSYS make or something).

It would be very nice if they could provide a MSYS package.

Abdel.