Lars Gullik Bjønnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> | I anticipate that the installer will have the same bugs as the 1.3.x
> | version since the installer code is little different to the previous
> | version. (The one real change being that I've removed all tests for
> | Perl in the installer.)

> Does this contain changes that you want to commit to the repo?

Yes.

> If so please do so that I can spin pre6.

I'm afraid that I can't. When I try and pull over a copy of the repository onto
my Windows box using svn+ssh:

* with TortoiseSVN I get an infinite repeat of dialogs asking for my password.
* using either Cygwin's or the native Windows svn command line, the thing just
hangs. They shouldn't need my password as I have my ssh keys set up (can log on
to aussie with ssh without being prompted for a password).

Interestingly, I did pull over the 1.3.x branch onto my *linux* box using
svn+ssh, so the problem is at my end and with my Windows box rather than at your
end.

The net result is that I finally pulled over the repo using anonsvn; no write
access.

So, could you commit this patch to both the 1.4 branch and to head for me
please? It isn't perfect but it's a monotonic improvement over what exists
currently. I'll try and find some time to tweak it thereafter.

Of course, if you don't commit the patch, that isn't a big deal and shouldn't
hold up pre6. This patch is an update of some build scripts for Windows (I think
of them as both "private to me" and as a "guide to Joe Public") and for the
Installer that is essentially orthogonal to LyX itself. Your call whether
they're needed for pre6.

Angus