Martin Vermeer a écrit :
On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 11:45 +0100, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Martin Vermeer a écrit :
On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 09:52 +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Martin" == Martin Vermeer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

What would be _much_ easier however is to make this possible through
the ToC dialog. Does anybody know how this worked in KLyX?
Sure... but you still need to implement the underlying operations. Looking at TOC, it seems that we just have to add some more operations
to ToCItem in toc.[Ch]. And buttons to the dialog.
I have plans to make the Qt4 Toc dialog a dock widget instead of a windows and transform that into an outlining tool. IMHO, no need to do that within the lyx buffer view. My idea is to enable the user to move sections and their subsections around with the mouse or the keyboard. The buffer view would be updated automatically. I would like also to add automatic labeling to sections and the ability to change those directly in the Toc Dialog. All this would need a few additionnal LFUN as suggested by Andre Poetnitz in a former discussion in lyx-user. Andre thinks that it could be done in a couple of hundred lines of Qt code at most (I agree with him).

Abdel.

That sounds great, Abdel. You're probably right with your estimate. How
hard would a backport to qt2/3 be ?

I don't know but it shouldn't be too hard for someone who used both versions. That said, the tree widget of Qt4 (QTreeWidget) is so much easier to use that it ancestor (QListView) that I am not really interested in doing it. Plus, the docking part might be tricky to do in the qt2 frontend. Right now, this is just vapor anyway because I don't really have the time to do it.

> (it may be a while before qt4 is in the distributions).

If it was only me, I would advocate new features should go to qt4 frontend only ;-) Beside, I really think it is not that big a deal to request installation of Qt4 if needed. Or we can just statically compile until Qt4 is in the distribution. By the time 1.5 is out, I am sure that all distrib will have it.

Abdel.