Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Georg Baum a écrit :
| > Joost Verburg wrote:
| >
| >> If compilation with MSVC++ worked, the vcproj files would be very
| >> useful. However, there are still incompatibilities that break important
| >> things.
| > Note that compilation with MSVC++ worked fine some months ago
| > (version 2003
| > aka 7, not 6, that one is simply broken), and that the project files
| > (although now outdated) are available in development/Win32.
|
| The problem with the vcproj file is the config.h guessing. This is
| simply not possible. I've read that scons is able now to generate
| these files so I would advocate to remove this vcproj file from SVN
| when/if Scons prove itself and stays in SVN.

but scons currently doesn this on every build (ok, only first time is
really slow... further builds configure is just somewhat slow), is it
avoidable?

If nothing happens with scons in the next couple of days, I am going
to remove it from trunk. And the onus is not on auto* people, but on
proponents of scons, you have to show at the lest the begnnings of it
being able to do what auto* is doing for us.

--
        Lgb