"Bo Peng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| <Quote, 5 days ago>
| We are getting closer, I think. I still have to find time to make up
| my mind about non/auto/"".
|
| Patience ;)
| </Quote>

And you clearly showed that you had no patience.

| I just submitted another patch. With it, one can
| 0. scons directly under linux + lyx qt3/qt4 ... (state of yesterday)
| 1. scons directly using mingw + lyx qt3/4 + official zlib1.dll in a
| visible place
| 2. scons in a native cygwin, cygwin/qt3, cygwin/boost, cygwin/zlib etc.

It is not basic building I worry about. It is things like distcheck,
gettext, pch, warnings, stdlib-debug, install, stage-dir etc. etc.
that I worry about.

I see no or littel support for these in scons, so _you_ have to show
that it can be done. (and not that that compiler args vary between
compiler versions, not just between compiler brands)

| With some tweak regarding spell checkers and a few other libraries
| (maybe also pch), and some scons install capacity, this will be a
| totally usable. I hope this will earn scons a place in the trunk.

Totally usable is not good enough. It must handle the same problems as
autotools does. I am not saying that this must be done promtly, but at
least it must be shown that it can be done.
(and without creating something that is just as complex as auto*)

| BTW, much of my time has been wasted on the .C/.c madness under
| windows.

You mean "The Windows madness"...

--
        Lgb