I'm using `article' class and I'd like the actual headings within the
text in the printed version to be indented like they are in the ToC of
the printed version.

Actually it's not me but some extremely picky reader of my documents.
The weirdo would like it to look roughly like:

1 Introduction

blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah

  1.1 Intended Audience

blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah

      1.1.1 The Human Nature

blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah

Is there a package/style/class/whatever like that?  Or a reasonable
simple way to modify something?