Mikko> I'm using `article' class and I'd like the actual headings
Mikko> within the text in the printed version to be indented like they
Mikko> are in the ToC of the printed version.

Mikko> Actually it's not me but some extremely picky reader of my
Mikko> documents.  The weirdo would like it to look roughly like:

Mikko> 1 Introduction

Mikko> blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Mikko>   1.1 Intended Audience

Mikko> blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Mikko>       1.1.1 The Human Nature

Mikko> blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

To do this, you would need to redefine in LaTeX the sections
macros. That's a bit of work...

And this is indeed a very weird layout :)

JMarc