Hi,

> Worse that that, LyX cannot add any safeguard around uses of TeX
> mode... We cannot check whether the text you enter in TeX mode makes
> sense.

yes, I understand. The only problem here is that I couldn't tell that the
\ was in noun mode. But the minibuffer showed indeed the correct
information, so it was stupid on my side not to realise what was going on.

Keep up the good work,
Stefano

 Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
    Office: D554, Arrheniusv. 14, S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 164055, Fax: +46 8 167715, Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Support Free Science, look at: http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se