Reuben> No! Please do a simple word count! People may want more, but
Reuben> having a simple word count is *much* better than nothing.

Jean-Marc> Hmm, I should maybe not have answered here... Now I have to
Jean-Marc> actually do it ;)

Hmmm, I took a look at what is needed, and it will be yet more
spaghetti code added to lyx 1.0... I'm not sure anymore I want to do
that now, especially since it is a feature I've never needed.

So I think I'll just cancel my offer, but if somebody wants to write
some code, I'll be glad to check it out, test it and include it in the
code base.

Sorry for the false hopes.
JMarc