>> Hmmm, I took a look at what is needed, and it will be yet more
>> spaghetti code added to lyx 1.0... I'm not sure anymore I want to
>> do that now, especially since it is a feature I've never needed.

Reuben> I sympathise with this, but I hope that you *will* plan the
Reuben> feature for the next version.

We will have in next version a much cleaner way of iterating through
documents (currently the data structure is a nightmare...). Then,
wrinting a wordcount should be straightforward (probably a few lines
of scheme, if we get to add scripting language support then).

JMarc