Torsten> Hi, I use LyX with Linux (Suse 6.1) on a Toshiba notebook pc
Torsten> with resolution 1024x768. The program itself works well, but
Torsten> the fonts do not look very well on the screen. I have tried
Torsten> to play with options->screenfonts, but I am not able to get a
Torsten> much better result.

It happens if you do not have good quality scalable fonts (like type1
fonts under solaris or truetype fonts under linux). In this case, add
in lyxrc
\screen_font_scalable false

This will force LyX to use only non-stretched bitmap fonts.

JMarc