On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Tuukka Toivonen wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Torsten Mueller wrote:
>
> > Maybe I have to install other fonts. Is this possible in Linux?
>
> Of course. You need scalable fonts, either TrueType or Type1 (or some
> others, Speedo?). Type1 fonts should be supported with any XFree version,
> but if you're using XFree 4.0 or newer, it also supports TrueType fonts
> directly. With older XFree versions, to use TrueType fonts, you need a
> TrueType font server. There are two, xfstt (which I'm using) and xfsft.
> It works fine here, the only problem is that to permanently save the
> selected font, I have to modify LyX configuration files by
> hand. Options/Screen Fonts is nice but it doesn't allow saving the changes
> (note developers:).

You can save these changes in your lyxrc File. Look at the
following lines:
--snip---
# The zoom percentage for screen fonts.
# A setting of 100% will make the fonts roughly the same size as on paper.
# However, since a screen is wider than a piece of paper, the default setting
# is 150%.
#\screen_zoom 100

# The screen fonts used to display the text while editing
# The defaults are:
#\screen_font_roman "-*-times"
#\screen_font_sans "-*-helvetica"
#\screen_font_typewriter "-*-courier"

# For some, this font looks better:
#\screen_font_roman "-*-utopia"

# Allow the use of scalable screen fonts? Default is true.
# If you choose "false", LyX will use the closest existing size for a match.
# Use this if the scalable fonts look bad and you have many fixed size fonts.
#\screen_font_scalable false

--snip---

jan
--
Jan Goebel (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

DIW German Institute for Economic Research
SOEP
Königin-Luise-Str. 5
D-14195 Berlin
Germany