Torsten> thanks for you quick answer. I have already tried it, but
Torsten> then all letters are the same size (on our Solaris system,
Torsten> the fonts look only slightly changed in this case?). Maybe I
Torsten> have to install other fonts. Is this possible in Linux?

What fonts do you use right now? If you want fixed size, times and
helvetica should give you enough flexibility. Also make sure that your
dpi setting is correct. Finally, you can play with the zoom setting to
get larger/smaller fonts.

Most recent linux distributions provide an x font server which
understands truetype fonts. With this, you can grab a few fonts from a
windows setup and have them available under linux. Unfortunately, I do
not know the details of the operation very well.

JMarc