On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Torsten Mueller wrote:

> Maybe I have to install other fonts. Is this possible in Linux?

Of course. You need scalable fonts, either TrueType or Type1 (or some
others, Speedo?). Type1 fonts should be supported with any XFree version,
but if you're using XFree 4.0 or newer, it also supports TrueType fonts
directly. With older XFree versions, to use TrueType fonts, you need a
TrueType font server. There are two, xfstt (which I'm using) and xfsft.
It works fine here, the only problem is that to permanently save the
selected font, I have to modify LyX configuration files by
hand. Options/Screen Fonts is nice but it doesn't allow saving the changes
(note developers:).