Joakim Svensson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all LyX users,
>
> I need your help hints,ideas,howto knowledge.
>
> 1. I am running debian unstable and will probably install
>    the LyX version that is in there (currently lyx 1.1.5fix2-1)
>    Or I can probably be talked into compiling myself if needed.

It works fine (woody), no need to compile yourself.

> 3. Is there any templates for a4 usage. And how do I create my own
>    template. For example I want a template without headers, a template
>    with side numbers, a template with graphical header etc

Set up the parameters from the menu or in the resp. LaTeX preamble,
and save your document in ~/.lyx/templates/, from where it will be
sourced as template from then on.

> 4. I would like to be able to create ps,pdf and html output. How can I do
>    that in a consistent way.

Choose from the menu; setup is to be found in ~/.lyx/lyrc, which
overrides /etc/lyxrc (debian)

> 7. What else should I install and what can be done in the config files to
>    make my LyX as good as possible on a debian system.

Do apt-cache searches for tetex, ps, and dvi; install at least
everything with tetex in its name. Set up a custom tree in
/usr/local/share/, and install eventually missing LaTeX stuff there.

> That was lots of questions. The basic idea is to install and configure a
> nice document writing program that will let me write mails, posters,
> documents etc and to be able to get the output in ps,pdf and maybe html
> format. And also I need hints on howto work with pictures inside LyX and
> howto make high quality annotations to them.
> I would also like the screen output to be as good as it gets. This is not
> too important though but with the ttf ability nowadays this should be
> possible.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Best regards
> Joakim Svensson

You're welcome! I can send you my setup files if you want. You
wouldn't only get ps and pdf (and maybe rtf) with 1.1.5fix2
automagically, but could also (e)fax from within LyX.

--
Andre Berger                                [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]