On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 07:22:23PM +0200, Robin Turner wrote:
> I installed from RPMs.  If I compile wv from source, Lyx doesn't detect
> it.

In order to autodetect the wvCleanLatex program, it must be in your path.
Did you did a make install after compiling it ?
You can also add a Word->Latex converter manually using the preferences
dialog.

> Is it possible to use the old mswordview in Lyx (i.e. convert Word to
> HTML, then HTML to LaTeX)?

Yes. You just need to define a Word->html and html->latex converters in the
preferences dialog (but you will probably need to install a html->latex
converter).