Le ven  5 jan, Dekel Tsur m'a écrit:
> > 5. I have been writing technical documentation in LaTeX and my biggest problem
> >    was the pictures. The resulting postscript files were VERY large.
>
> Converting the Postscript to PDF will give a much smaller file.

I don't know a lot in PostScript, but I think the problem comes from the
way that rasterized (bitmap) images are included in the PostScript file,
in pure ascii, by default without compression. Even in using ps in place
of pdf, you can save a lot of space with a little program : jpeg2eps.
See http://www.pdflib.com
It not really converts, it "wraps" the jpeg file in an eps file without
losing the gain in compression of jpeg. By using such eps-files, your
resulting postscript files will be much smaller.

And if possible, use vectorised images in place of bitmaps. IMHO, in
case of simple diagrams, eps-files produiced in Linux with tgif, xfig or
metapost are very compact, with clean human-readable code by
comparison with those done with programs in Windows.

Cheers,
--
Gauthier Vandemoortele
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

N'oubliez pas de cocher dans votre agenda :

    21 et 22 avril 2001 -Palais des Expositions - Namur
    LE PREMIER SALON DE L'EAU A LA MAISON
    organisé par les Amis de la Terre-Belgique
    http://www.ful.ac.be/hotes/amisterre