> > I'm trying to install new classes (cd-cover and cv), but somehow it
> > doesn't work out.
> > I've copied the *.cls to '/usr/share/lyx/tex', and the *.layout to
> > '$HOME/.lyx/layouts', and the *.lyx templates to
> > '/usr/share/lyx/templates' This done, I did a 'texhash' in order to let
> > LaTeX know about the new classes. After a reconfiguration of LyX, I
> > restarted. When I use the new templates, LyX complains that the
> > textclasses are unknown.
>
> i suppose that the ~/.lyx/tex maybe not part of the textree, therefore
> latex
> can't find them. use the dir ~/.TeX, which is my home texdir.
>
> Herbert

I haven't put the classes in ~./lyx/tex (my home dir), but in
/usr/share/lyx/tex. Do you really mean that I should create a ./TeX directory
in my Home?

                             Ulrich
               *Linux: the choice of a GNU generation*
Ulrich Grün
  Amsterdamsestraatweg 609 BIS
    3553 EJ  UTRECHT
      Tel:+31302467141
        mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          icq: 35629246
System: AMD-K6 350, 192MB. OS: RedHat 7, Kernel: 2.2.19pre3