On Sun, 24 Dec 2017, Grahame Blackwood wrote:

When I started using Scrivener, I didn't know about gnumeric or spreadtab,
but I've had Scrivener to hand (for about 30 years) and I used it to do
spreadsheety arithmetic in plain text files and in the last 10 years in
.tex files. This made it possible for me to have typeset documents
containing the results of calculations that Scrivener had worked in the
.tex files. I suppose you use that which you are most used to get the job
done in the easiest way.

Grahame,

  And that's one of the reasons we run F/OSS software: choices. There are
always multiple ways of accomplishing any task.

Enjoy the holidays,

Rich

--
Richard Shepard, Ph.D.                    Have Knowledge - Will Travel
Applied Ecosystem Services, LLC                Troutdale, OR 97060 USA