Hi Rich

When I started using Scrivener, I didn't know about gnumeric or
spreadtab, but I've had Scrivener to hand (for about 30 years) and I
used it to do spreadsheety arithmetic in plain text files and in the
last 10 years in .tex files. This made it possible for me to have
typeset documents containing the results of calculations that
Scrivener had worked in the .tex files.  I suppose you use that which
you are most used to get the job done in the easiest way.

Cheers & Merry Christmas

Grahame