On Fri, 22 Dec 2017, Joel Kulesza wrote:

I tend to agree with Steve's points.

Joel,

  I fail to understand why you and Steve think LyX/LaTeX is not suitable for
producing an invoice/statement while a word processor such as LibreOffice
is. I can produce invoices with GnuCash, but they're more parts-focused, not
time-and-expense-focused. I used to use a spreadsheet to track retainer anc
charges but the output is not as professional as is the output from LaTeX.

However, do you have an example .lyx file that isn't working for you and
an example of what you're trying to achieve (perhaps from a pre-LyX
interface)? Do you have a MWE, maybe without the fancy invoice2
components?

  My question was how to correctly implement the invoice2 package and the
example you sent explains that very well. It also shows me that the invoice2
package is not suitable for a statement which is a history of the project
rather than a stand-alone invoice for a single month. Seeing this now
answers my question. And, LyX does produce a nicely typeset statement which
can run multiple pages when necessary.

Thanks to both of you for responding,

Rich