On 11/3/18 5:46 AM, paolo m. wrote:

Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch) wrote:

You've not answered my actual question.  A feature of the sort that
you propose is not likely to be popular; the vast majority of people
would, in constructing the underlying look-up table, find themselves
learning not to make the mistakes in the first place.

Sorry for my delay, i am not a 'heavy'  news readers user.
I do not know whether that feature would be popular, but it would be
useful for a number of lyx users.
I am not able to 'learn' how not to make typos. Do you?

I learn not to make _specific_ typographical errors, and the facility that you request would only deal with sets of specific errors.

Is is not a matter of learning,

Of course it is.

it is our mind functioning that swaps letter
positions or doubles next letters while quickly writing text lines

Typing isn't an inborn skill; it is something that one learns. Learning to type a word and learning not to mistype it are the same thing.

Restoring the correct letters order for each word quickly would be a
great favour to a number of long paper writers.

In the case of a long paper, as opposed to a set of papers, the facility that you request doesn't offer much that global find-and-replace doesn't already do. In either case, you are talking about working from an assembled list of corrections. (Recall that your original request involved a list assembled by the user of corrections to make.)
  • auto fixing mispelle... Pol
    • Re: auto fixing... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
      • Re: auto fi... Pol
        • Re: aut... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
          • Re:... paolo m.
            • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
              • ... Pol
                • ... Michael Berger
                • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
                • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
                • ... Ricardo Berlasso
                • ... Bernt Lie
                • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
                • ... Jean-Marc Lasgouttes