Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch) wrote:

> On 11/3/18 5:46 AM, paolo m. wrote:
>> I am not able to 'learn' how not to make typos. Do you?
>
> I learn not to make _specific_ typographical errors, and the facility
> that you request would only deal with sets of specific errors.

Yes, a set of specific words to be fixed by rearranging letters.
E.g.  writing quickly it often happens to write 'informazioen' rather than
' informazione'.
Sometimes that word appears correctly on the screen, sometimes it is
distorted like that, as an anagram of the right word.
Is that mistake a matter of 'learning'? You mean that i should gain a
better motor control of my fingers' movements?
My guess is that my mind form the mispelled word, while quickly
writing, because  'informazioen' and ' informazione' are the same, in
my mind.
There would be much to say about the meaning of 'learning', but this is
not the right place to discuss about that. I do not know which aspects
of learning would be involved here, but i am puzzled about how to
improve my writing by learning.
Anyway, that kind of mispelling happens often. Should i spend years to
learn, hoping ti improve my typewriting ability?
Rather, it would be very convenient to see that kind of mistakes
instantly corrected. Don't you agree?

paolo m.

>> Is is not a matter of learning,
>
> Of course it is.
>
>> it is our mind functioning that swaps letter
>> positions or doubles next letters while quickly writing text lines
>
> Typing isn't an inborn skill; it is something that one learns.
> Learning to type a word and learning not to mistype it are the same
> thing.
>
>> Restoring the correct letters order for each word quickly would be a
>> great favour to a number of long paper writers.
>
> In the case of a long paper, as opposed to a set of papers, the
> facility that you request doesn't offer much that global
> find-and-replace doesn't already do.  In either case, you are talking
> about working from an assembled list of corrections. (Recall that your
> original request involved a list assembled by the user of corrections
> to make.)

  • auto fixing mispelle... Pol
    • Re: auto fixing... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
      • Re: auto fi... Pol
        • Re: aut... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
          • Re:... paolo m.
            • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
              • ... Pol
                • ... Michael Berger
                • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
                • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
                • ... Ricardo Berlasso
                • ... Bernt Lie
                • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
                • ... Jean-Marc Lasgouttes