Do you think this list is the right place for your continuing dispute?

Michael Berger

On 11/4/18 10:18 AM, Pol wrote:
Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch) wrote:

On 11/3/18 5:46 AM, paolo m. wrote:
I am not able to 'learn' how not to make typos. Do you?
I learn not to make _specific_ typographical errors, and the facility
that you request would only deal with sets of specific errors.
Yes, a set of specific words to be fixed by rearranging letters.
E.g.  writing quickly it often happens to write 'informazioen' rather than
' informazione'.
Sometimes that word appears correctly on the screen, sometimes it is
distorted like that, as an anagram of the right word.
Is that mistake a matter of 'learning'? You mean that i should gain a
better motor control of my fingers' movements?
My guess is that my mind form the mispelled word, while quickly
writing, because  'informazioen' and ' informazione' are the same, in
my mind.
There would be much to say about the meaning of 'learning', but this is
not the right place to discuss about that. I do not know which aspects
of learning would be involved here, but i am puzzled about how to
improve my writing by learning.
Anyway, that kind of mispelling happens often. Should i spend years to
learn, hoping ti improve my typewriting ability?
Rather, it would be very convenient to see that kind of mistakes
instantly corrected. Don't you agree?

paolo m.

Is is not a matter of learning,
Of course it is.

it is our mind functioning that swaps letter
positions or doubles next letters while quickly writing text lines
Typing isn't an inborn skill; it is something that one learns.
Learning to type a word and learning not to mistype it are the same
thing.

Restoring the correct letters order for each word quickly would be a
great favour to a number of long paper writers.
In the case of a long paper, as opposed to a set of papers, the
facility that you request doesn't offer much that global
find-and-replace doesn't already do.  In either case, you are talking
about working from an assembled list of corrections. (Recall that your
original request involved a list assembled by the user of corrections
to make.)

  • auto fixing mispelle... Pol
    • Re: auto fixing... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
      • Re: auto fi... Pol
        • Re: aut... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
          • Re:... paolo m.
            • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
              • ... Pol
                • ... Michael Berger
                • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
                • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
                • ... Ricardo Berlasso
                • ... Bernt Lie
                • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
                • ... Jean-Marc Lasgouttes