From: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org [mailto:lyx-users@lists.lyx.org] On Behalf Of
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
Sent: 15 March 2019 15:02
To: David Belius <david.bel...@cantab.net>; LyX Users <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Subject: Re: Lyx sluggish on Windows 10

[David, please be careful to keep the messages on the list]

Le 15/03/2019 à 15:41, David Belius a écrit :
> My screen fonts are:
> Roman: Times New Roman
> Sans Serif: Arial
> Typewriter: Courier New
>
> I guess these are standard fonts?

Yes, pretty standard.

> I tried download the latin modern fonts and using them instead of
> Times New Roman. It did not make any difference, unfortunately.

No, it should not. I doubt they are really usable as screen fonts, actually
(but I may be wrong).

> Here is a video of the problem:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo94j8o9tcz9pfb/win_10_font_problem.mp4?dl=0
> I paste "123" into a display twice in quick succession; in the video
> you can see the much longer delay between the appearance of the first
> and the second "123". With less text in displays in the document the
> delay is smaller.

I this one huge paragraph with only one word and without space? This is not s

> And here is a file which has this problem:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0zgbfyp0ovezqu/win_10_font_problem.lyx?dl=0
>
> Is there anyone on this mailing list who has windows 10 and would be
> willing to test the file to see if the problem is reproduced on a
> different machine?

Thank you for the document, I will try it out when I find the time (my main
machine is linux).
Please keep it on your dropbox for now.

Does it make a difference if the rest of the document is text instead of math?

JMarc