On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 05:49:35PM +0100, Herbert Voss wrote:
> > 4) When I insert the title and the author name it is automatically added
> > also the date. I don't want it. How can I delete it?
> > I have also some other problem but perhaps I will solve them by try and
> > re-try. On the contrary, the aforementioned ones I was not able to solve and
> > I am halted.
>
> http://www.lyx.org/help/titlepage/titlepage.php#date

The first option there (to write \date{}) is the correct one.
Note the help page doesn't tell you where to put it.
You either need to put it in the preamble, or put it inside the document in
LaTeX mode, before the title.

The second option (to put ctrl+space in the date style) is wrong because it
will put too much space between the title and the body of the document.