From: "Dekel Tsur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Crlfr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "LyX users" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 6:23 PM
Subject: Re: Please help about: bibliography, LateX preamble in LyX,
footnote

: On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 05:33:22PM +0100, Crlfr wrote:
: > Hello everybody.
: > This is my first e.mail to the LyX users ML.
: > Only about one month ago I installed on my "not new" PC GNU/Linux,
Mandrake
: > 8.1 Distribution.
: > I need LateX. So, LyX  was advised to me as the fastest and simply way
: > write LateX documents. In the meantime I have been reading "the
tutorial",
: > something from "the user guide"and something from "the not so short
: > introduction to LateX".
: > However,  I am stopped on some problem:
: >
: > 1) I need the references section in the form summarized by the following
: > examples:
: >
: > Bass, L. (1966). Economics of Nondestructive Testing. Annul Technical
: > Conference Trasactions, ASQC, pp. 611-615.
: > Hans, B.L. (1963). Quality control: Theory and Applications.
Prentice-Hall,
: > Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
: > ....and so on...
: > So no label is present beside each item.
: > I have to be able to refer to those item in the article , as Bass (1966)
and
: > as Hans (1963) respectively.
: > How can I do this by LyX?
:
: If I understand correctly, what you need to do is to add
:   \usepackage{natbib}
: to the preamble, and use plainnat as the bibliography style.
: The other solutions given to you were wrong.
: