On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 09:54:29AM +0300, Robin Turner wrote:

> LyX's ignoring double spaces) but, perhaps because of this, we should
> be careful to avoid flouting the more sensible conventions, and the
> pasting issue falls into this category, I think.

I agree, most definitely. And regarding this bug, I now agree the
current behaviour is wrong.

But a fix is medium risk, and it is VERY late in the release cycle (a
pity this didn't get picked up earlier).

1.2.1 will hopefully be soon after.

> Similar considerations apply to the GUI, IMHO.  When GUI independence
> is realised, I for one would like to see the cryptic exclamation mark
> and little man replaced with something a little more guessable.

This has nothing to do with GUII - if you have suggestions please file
bugs (and icons !) on them ...

regards
john

--
"So what you're saying is "screw the disabled" and you want us to do the
 same ?  No thanks..."