> > And it must be easy to change, something like call unselect() after the
> > paste() function (I don't know the code, but I can't imagine this being hard).
>
> You would be surprised :)
>
> Selection code is particularly crufty ... but Jug can it be fixed for
> all cases easily ?

Well, sorry if I misjudged the complexity of the task. As I said, I've never
actually looked at the lyx code.

But I do think that you are going to have a lot of people screaming bloody
murder if this goes into a public release. Going against what basically every
text editor/word processor on earth does on something as common as a paste
operation is going to throw a lot of people off.

And I think it's not just habit, but there's a good reason for the common
behavior to be so: after you hit 'paste' (whether via keyboard or mouse) you
should be able to continue editing right there. If the first key you touch
automatically destroys your pasted text (because it remained selected), I
can't see that being anything other than an unpleasant surprise.

I hope this isn't too much of a burden to you guys. I know you've put a lot of
work into this release and we're  all waiting eagerly for it. And we are
_really_ grateful for the fabulous tool that lyx is, honest.

Cheers,

f.