Max Bian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >>1. The pasted text is selected by default.  This is no good because
> >>another key stroke will replace it.
> >
> > This is intended and IMO opinion correct behaviour. Why do you think
> > there is a problem ?
>
> It is a problem because after the paste people would be assumed to be
> done with the pasted part. And people should move on to do something
> else. However they would need to clear the selection first if that
> "feature" is there before they can do anything.

I agree with Max.  The misbehavior of LyX after pasting is the single
most annoying feature of what is otherwise my favorite document
processor.  After pasting, it should be possible to immediately edit
the inserted material without having it suddenly disappear and require
multiple presses of the <undo> key to get it back.

--

Ronald Florence                 www.18james.com