Tuukka Toivonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On 24 Sep 2002, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
|
| >\begin{verbatim}
| >$Log$
| >\end{verbatim}
| >
| >what happens if you put this in a ERT?
|
| I don't use CVS, but trying with hand: when this is saved, it'll look in
| .lyx file something like this:
|
| \latex latex
| $Log$

you should insert the \begin{verbatim} parts as well.

| When CVS modifies this, it'll replace it with multiple lines:
|
| \latex latex
| $Log version string$
| Some other
| lines here
|
| When this is now loaded back to LyX, the lines are concatenated. When it's
| again saved, the result is:
|
| \latex latex
| $Log version string$Some otherlines here
|
| ...and now CVS probably doesn't understand it anymore.

What version of LyX is this?

mmm ... I see what happens, but am not sure what to do about it.

what if you put a newcommand in the preamble

\newcommand{mylog}{
\begin{verbatim}
$Log$
\end{verbatim}
}

and put "\mylog" in ert somewhere in the document?

--
        Lgb