On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 02:16:43PM -0400, Daniel Clark/Cambridge/IBM wrote:
> If there is some way to make LyX not touch the *formatting* of TeX code in
> an ERT section, that would solve the problem.
>
> If there is a way to make LyX honor <crlf> as a \newline in a certain
> section of text, that would solve the problem.
>
> This problem could be generalized as "how to programmatically insert
> preformatted text into a .lyx file without using LyX".

Funnily enough I had a similar problem two or three weeks ago but there was
no interest in supporting things like that. [I wanted something that got
written to the .tex as linebreak, but not as \newline or paragraph break,
completely untouched formatting would certainly do the job as well] But as
this got one of the harshest rejections I've ever seen on the list I doubt
this will get in soon...

Andre'

PS: You have a very ... interesting style to quote. One might even argue
that "confusing" is the better word...

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)