It looks promising, as LyX is not changing anything in the preamble.
However my lack of any TeX knowedge is showing through. Why does this
produce 5 errors?

\usepackage{pslatex,verbatim}
\newcommand{cvslog}{
\begin{verbatim}
$Log: Account-Management.lyx,v $
Revision 1.9 2002/09/24 18:20:35 dclark
Added version history to document by defining cvslog command in preamble

\end{verbatim}
}

The View -> LaTeX Logfiles doesn't seem to be saveable or copyable, but
error messages are something like:

1: Paragraph ended before \verbatim@ was complete ... suspect you forgot a
'}'
2: You already have nine parameters. I'm going to ignore the # sign you
just used.
3: Missing control sequence inserted. Please don't say '\def cs{...}', say
'\def\cs{...}'. I've inserted an inaccessable control sequence so that
your definition will be completed without mixing me up to badly. You can
recover graciously from this error, if you're careful; see exercise 27.2
in The TeXbook.
4: Missing number, treated as zero. A number should have been here; I
inserted '0'. (If you can't figure out why I needed to see a number, look
up 'weird error' in the index to The TeXbook.)
5: LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}/ You're in trouble here. Try
typing <return> to proceed. If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

These error messages all go away if I remove everything but the
"\usepackage{pslatex,verbatim}" line from the preamble.

I am using LyX 1.2.1 of Tue, Aug 20, 2002 on Redhat GNU/Linux 7.2 (with a
bunch of patches).

Tuukka Toivonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/24/2002 02:15 PM