[posted and mailed]

Max <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in news:pan.2004.02.17.20.27.02.120836
@privacy.net:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:15:46 +0000, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
>
>> [posted and mailed]
>>
>> A. L. Meyers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
>> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>>
>>> Hi!  Sorry to come back on this but, alas, cannot get tex and lyx to
>>> register classes in which I have many documents, e. g. g-grief.de,
for
>>> which there is a template.
>>>
>>> All the classes I am looking for are found in
/usr/share/lyx/layouts/.

>>> (big snip)
>>>

>>> How can I get tex and lyx to find (or install?) the missing classes,
>>> please?
>>>
>>> Lux
>>
>> What output does running
>>
>> kpsewhich g-brief.cls
>>
>> from a command prompt produce?
>>
>> -- Paul
>
> None whatsoever, Paul.
>
> Lux

That brings us to Herbert's reply, then.  TeX can't find the g-brief
class, so either it is not installed, it's in a directory outside of
TeX's search path, or TeX is unaware of it (because you need to run
texhash or mktexlsr).

-- Paul