Herbert Voss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> A. L. Meyers wrote:
>
> > BTW if you don't mind a stupid question, where can one find
> > further classes to populate /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/ ?  Lyx
> > configure stills shows some classes as not found.
>
> a good idea is to install the recent TeXLive
>
> http://latex.s-v-p.de/texlive.phtml
>
> then you have mostly all on CTAN available classes.

Thanks again, Herbert.  Please correct me if the following is wrong.
If one installs the entire TeXLive, then the current TeX packages are
overwritten?  Do you suggest this or rather just to copy the classes
to the current installation's correct directory, run texhash etc.?

Greetings,

Lux
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
http://www.consult-meyers.com recommends email encryption using GnuPG.