Herbert Voss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> A. L. Meyers wrote:
>
> > Here is the (verbose) output of
> > running configure:
> >
> [ ... ]
> > +checking for document class g-brief-de [g-brief]... no
> > +checking for document class g-brief-en [g-brief]... no
>
> there are only _two_ possibilities:
> - you forget to run texhash or mktexlsr
> - you saved the class files in a directory where TeX doesn't
>    search
>
> Herbert

Thanks for the help.  The missing classes were not in
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/ so I copied them from another
installation, ran mktexlsr, then configure (lyx, of course), fired
up lyx, ran reconfigure from the menu and restarted lyx.  Whew!  So
happy to be able to use the old docs again.

BTW if you don't mind a stupid question, where can one find further
classes to populate /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/ ?  Lyx configure
stills shows some classes as not found.

Regards,

Lux
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
http://www.consult-meyers.com recommends email encryption using GnuPG.