could somebody tell me why I get an error by using the second equation in the
added lyx-file?

This is the relevant part of the lyx-file:
\layout Standard
If I take the second equation out, dvi gives no error.
\layout Standard
\begin_inset Formula R=Rh/2+(ZZ-4)
\end_inset
\layout Standard
but with this one it gives errors
\layout Standard
\begin_inset Formula R=Rh/2+(ZZ-4)+K_{ab}
\end_inset
I am using Lyx Version 1.3.2 Mai 2003 and Mandrake 9.2

buffled:

Wolfgang
#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 221
\textclass book
\begin_preamble
% gives headers for chapter* and puts  the index to toc.
\makeatletter
\renewenvironment{theindex}
               {\chapter*{\indexname}%
                 \markboth{\indexname}{\indexname}%
                  \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{\indexname}
               \parindent\z@
                \parskip\z@ [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
               {\clearpage}
\makeatother
\end_preamble
\language german
\inputencoding latin1
\fontscheme pslatex
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize a4paper
\paperpackage a4wide
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 0
\use_natbib 1
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation skip
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language german
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 2
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle headings

\layout Standard

If I take the second equation out, dvi gives no error.

\layout Standard

\begin_inset Formula R=Rh/2+(ZZ-4)

\end_inset

\layout Standard

but with this one it gives errors
\layout Standard

\begin_inset Formula R=Rh/2+(ZZ-4)+K_{ab}

\end_inset

\the_end