Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

could somebody tell me why I get an error by using the second equation in the added lyx-file?

I too have always wondered about this.

This is the relevant part of the lyx-file:

\begin_inset Formula R=Rh/2+(ZZ-4)+K_{ab}

The problem seems to be that changing the math font takes lyx out of math mode. What (I think) you should get is;

\begin_inset Formula $\mathrm{R=Rh/2+(ZZ-4)+K_{ab}}$

which works fine if you manually edit the lyx file.
I haven't seen anything in the FAQ or archives but then searching for "math font" problems always leads to another, more frequent FAQ.

Gareth