Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

> could somebody tell me why I get an error by using the second equation in
> the added lyx-file?
>
> This is the relevant part of the lyx-file:
> \layout Standard
> If I take the second equation out, dvi gives no error.
> \layout Standard
> \begin_inset Formula R=Rh/2+(ZZ-4)

This is no valid lyx file (look at the ter. The previous line should read

\begin_inset $Formula R=Rh/2+(ZZ-4)$

(Note the dollar signs). If you want your formula in roman font, mark it and
then choose "Roman" from the math panel. This equation "works" by accident,
the second does not because it contains an underscore.

How did you create the file? If such files can be created with regular LyX
commands, please file a bug on http://bugzilla.lyx.org with a description
how it is reproducible.

Georg