Ronald Pagel wrote:

> Dear lyx-users,
>
> I have drawn a figure in xfig which itself contains an eps-file.
> This figure is correctly shown within xfig and lyx. However, when I
> try to export the lyx-document which contains the figure to dvi or
> pdf, the eps-file is not shown in the output. I get an error
> message: No such picture file: foo_1.eps.
> Can someone explain that, please? There is no problem when I export
> the figure to eps (in xfig) and put that in my lyx-document.
> I'm using lyx 1.3.4 under linux.

Hi, Ronald.

This suggests that the xfig conversion to eps format is failing.
Thinking about it, that's not surprising.

Here's what happens.
1. The xfig file is copied to the temp directory.
2. It is converted to eps format.
3. The eps file is referenced in the latex file exported by lyx into
this temp directory (\includegraphics{your_xfig_file}).
4. Run this latex file through the latex compiler and proceed from
there.

It is step 1 that is failing here. There is no way for lyx to know
that it should also copy across files included by the xfig file and
once the copy is made your *relative* path to foo_1.eps is broken.

Does it work if you specify an absolute path to foo_1.eps within the
xfig file?

--
Angus

  • ... Ronald Pagel