Georg Baum wrote:
Angus Leeming wrote:
I suspect that xfig generates an eps file that references the
foo_1.eps file rather than contains a copy of it. That's why the
bitmap file shown on the lyx screen works ok, because the bitmap is
complete.

At least on my system here (SuSE 9.0) xfig embeds the included file into
the .eps file. I suspect that the preview works because the preview
conversion is done on the original file (and not the file in the temp dir).
The .eps (or .pdf or .ps or ...) that xfig generates from the .fig is ok, because foo_1.eps is embedded.
Indeed, the preview in lyx seems to be converted on the original .fig, whereas the latex run is performed in a temp dir. Then, there exists only a copy of the .fig but no copy of the files to be embedded into it (such as foo_1.eps). I understand that a temp dir should be used but this lot raises a question to the developers: Is it really necessary to copy the .figs (and apparently not only those) to the temp dir?

Ronald

  • ... Ronald Pagel
    • ... Пашев Игорь Николаевич
    • ... Angus Leeming