Ronald Pagel wrote:

> Indeed, the preview in lyx seems to be converted on the original .fig,
> whereas the latex run is performed in a temp dir. Then, there exists
> only a copy of the .fig but no copy of the files to be embedded into it
> (such as foo_1.eps). I understand that a temp dir should be used but
> this lot raises a question to the developers: Is it really necessary to
> copy the .figs (and apparently not only those) to the temp dir?

This is a tradeoff between safety and the ability to do more advanced stuff.
If you don't copy the files, a file conversion that is launched by lyx may
actually delete or overwrite something (this is no theoretical problem, it
has happened to me).
Since there are several workarounds for your problem, I consider it more
important that no data is lost than that _every_ advanced xfig stuff works.

Georg

  • ... Ronald Pagel
    • ... Пашев Игорь Николаевич
    • ... Angus Leeming